Auckland Car Rentals for the lowest New Zealand car rental rates. We won't be beaten on price! Please read our rental terms and conditions below.
ONE WAY HIRES
Our Rental Rates do not apply on one way hires from our Auckland depots. We limit the number of vehicles on one way hires. You will need to check availability and rates for vehicles that are not returning to our Auckland Branches.
All drivers should hold a full driver's license and be over the age of 20. A current acceptable New Zealand or International license is required from all intending drivers. At the Manager's discretion, a holder of a license for less than three years is acceptable but may incur a higher insurance excess.
All hires are 24 hours duration. Late fees are charged at NZ$10 per hour that the vehicle is late, up to the value of the daily hire cost, when a full day's hire cost will be charged. Payment is made at the commencement of hire by cash, credit card or debit card.
A standard insurance excess of NZ$1,500 - NZ$3,000 applies to all vehicles hired. Payment of an optional collision damage waiver (CDW) reduces your insurance excess to just NZ$250 (or NZ$500 for 8 seater+ vehicles).
Additional glass cover at NZ$5 per day is available, which reduces your liability for any damage to the front windscreen, side windows, headlights to NIL.
Enclosed lockable trailer insurance cover is also available at an additional NZ$5 per day, which reduces your liabilty down to NZ$250.
Please note all hirers must have a credit card or debit card for the bond security. If you are paying for your hire with a credit card, then only an imprint will be taken of your credit card details as security. If you are paying by eftpos, visa debit card or cash, the applicable excess amount for your hire will be held as an authorisation on your card as security, and released at the end of your hire. We do not accept cash for the bond security.
Goods and Services Tax (GST) at 15% is included in all daily car hire rates.
All prices quoted include Goods and Services Tax and are in New Zealand dollars. A 10% deposit is required to secure a reservation. The balance is payable when collecting your vehicle. Please note credit and debit card payments made at pick up or drop off will be liable for a 2% credit card surcharge.
- T&E Delayed or Amended Charges
- Delayed or Amended Charges - Acceptable Charges 5.2.M.4
- A delayed or amended charge may include room, food, or beverage charges, taxes, mileage charges, fuel, insurance, rental fees, and parking tickets and other traffic violations, and must not include charges for loss, theft, or damage.
- This provision does not apply to Transactions involving Issuers or Acquirers in the jurisdiction of Visa Europe. For those Transactions, see "Delayed or Amended Charges for Visa Europe - General Requirements" and "Delayed or Amended Charges for Visa Europe - Car Rental."
- ID#: 050411-171009-0003628
- A delayed or amended charge for a T&E service must be processed to the Cardholder's account within 90 calendar days of the Transaction Date of the related T&E Transaction.
- Rental fees
- Parking tickets and other traffic violations
- Goods and services purchased aboard a Cruise Line
- Damage to rental vehicles as specified in "Delayed or Amended Charges for Visa Europe - General Requirements"
A delayed or amended charge must be processed to the Cardholder's account within 90 calendar
- Incident must have occurred while the Cardholder was in possession of the vehicle
- Merchant must support the charge with documentation from the appropriate civil authority, including the license number of the rental vehicle, date, time, and location of the violation, statute violated, and amount of the penalty in local currency
- Includes the words "Signature on File" on the signature line
- Sends a copy to the Cardholder at the address shown on the rental contract or folio
All our cars are covered 24 hours by AA Breakdown service.
A bond is required for all hires. Please note that a credit card is required to hire with us, and we will need to take an imprint of your card details at the time of pick up for the bond security. Cash is not accepted for the bond. If you do not have a credit card, you may choose to use a debit card for the bond security, however you must purchase the collision damage buydown (CDB) option to reduce your excess down to $250 or $500 (depending on the vehicle category hired). The relevant bond security (liability) will be held on your debit card at pick up, and released when you drop the vehicle off (if no charges are due from the bond).
In the event that the hirer cancels or voids the agreement, or returns the vehicle earlier than stated in the rental contract, no refund applies. Vehicle hire charges are non-refundable and non transferable.
In the event that the hirer returns the rental vehicle with an empty tank or less than the level it was picked up at, the cost of the petrol plus an administration fee of $30 will apply.
SAVE 10c per LITRE OFF YOUR 1ST TANK OF GAS PROMOTION
When you pick up your rental car with Auckland Car Rental you can purchase your 1st tank of gas (already filled in your car) through us at a discounted rate. There's no need to refuel when you return your car at the end of your hire. Any gas remaining in the tank on return at the end of your hire, is non refundable.
Bookings cancelled outside of 5 days prior to the scheduled pick up date and time can be cancelled without cancellation fees, and the 10% deposit paid at the time of booking is fully refundable. For bookings cancelled within 5 days prior to the scheduled pick up date and time, or that ‘no show’ for their hire, the 10% deposit is non-refundable.
CHILD, BOOSTER AND BABY SEATS
Child seats are now compulsory in New Zealand for every child under 5 years of age and may be hired from our branches. Please order at time of reservation stating age of child so the correct size may be booked. Please note we do not hire baby capsules for infants under the age of 6 months. We recommend that you bring your own baby capsule with you when travelling, or alternatively, we recommend Baby on the Move for baby capsule hire in New Zealand.
* Conditions and charges subject to change at any time without notice.